Plastic or glass? When it's time to choose a water bottle for your guinea pig, go for the glass! Yes, glass water bottles may cost a bit more but are worth the extra. Here's why.
8 REASONS TO SWITCH TO GLASS
- Easier to see if the bottle is in need of a refill.
- Easier to see food buildup. Pigs tend to spit food particles back into the spout.
- Sustainable and more environmentally friendly than plastic.
- Durable and longer lasting.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Fewer leaks.
- Glass is BPA-free. In recent years there has been consumer concern over potentially harmful BPA chemicals found in plastics.
- Some pigs prefer drinking from glass bottles. It's thought that chemicals found in plastic bottles can leach into water, changing the taste.
We recycled our plastic bottles several years ago. The Cali Cavy pigs have been rattling away at their glass bottles ever since. Drink on!
What type of bottles do your pigs have in their cage? Are you interested in making the switch?