|"I went through all this trouble to type out a wheek. Why hasn't anyone brought me another snack?" -Peaches|
Sharing guinea pig (and some non-guinea pig) related links from around the web. Enjoy!
- Epic popcorn alert! The baby cavy in this video was so excited over his new bed, he almost flipped himself popcorning while his bemused cagemate looked on.
- I've kept up with Balbinka on Flickr ever since seeing this well known photo of her posing with a slice of cucumber on her chubby piggy tummy. Her adorable pictures with hamsters and various holiday props always brought a smile to my face. I was heartbroken to hear that she passed away following surgery last week but am glad that this adopted pig had such a wonderful life.
- If I ever get around to growing herbs, this terracotta guinea pig garden ornament would look right at home peeking out from a planter box.
- Apparently Peaches, Truffle, and Abby-Roo understand pika-speak. All three froze and ran for cover upon hearing the warning calls in this clip.
- Crispy baked parmesan green bean fries have been my go-to snack for the past few weeks. Tossing the beans with olive oil beforehand helps the seasonings stick. The pigs also enjoy sharing the occasional fresh green bean.
- Before the mischievous Alfalfa, there was Lee. I'm so glad he and his piggy mom managed to find each other in time.
- Now that summer is around the corner, it is finally pignic season! Visit Pignic Central to find one in your area.