It's been a while since our last C&C cage tour. Here's a look at our current spring themed guinea pig cage setup. Can you spot the cavies going about their piggy business?
Cage size (in grids)
3x5 + 1x2 loft :: Belka, Truffle, Peaches & Poof
2.5x4 :: Revy & Abby-Roo
Total: (20.41 + 2.72) + 13.61 = 36.74 sq ft
For bedding we use anti-pill fleece layered over washable furniture pads. You can read more about how fleece bedding works here.
Below you'll find a list of the various cage accessories that appear in the pictures. Listed numbers correspond to the ones in the photos.
- Bunk bed: DIY
- Fleece forest: DIY
- Puffy bed from Let Sleeping Pigs Lie: buy, review
- Vertical hay rack: DIY, video clip
- Bricks: reasons why
- Cozy cave from The Cozy Cavy: buy, review
- Clear acrylic backed C&C grid: DIY and reasons why
- Fleece cube house from Piggiepopshop: buy, review
- Tunnel from Piggiepopshop: buy
View our previous cage setups:
Revy's January 2012 bachelorette pad
It's certainly interesting to see how our cage has evolved. If you've found this helpful I'd love to see pics of your cage or DIY creations (Twitter, Facebook). Hope the tour has given you some fun, creative ideas to add to your pigs home!